Coronavirus/COVID 19 update as of September 21st, 2020
Gentle Transitions continues to provide its Move Management services during the times of COVID.
Protocol in senior communities, as it relates to move-ins, family visits, etc., changes as government information becomes availalbe, but we are committed to doing what is necessary to "keep moving." We are working with those senior communities throughout the Twin Cities to stay informed of their guidelines and procedures for entering their buildings. Additionally, we are screening our employees and following the recommended procedures as put forth by federal, state, and local officials.
Gentle Transitions has maintained an aggressive and proactive response to the ongoing COVID 19 threat. We wish we could say it is "business as usual", but these times require that we be extra cautious, and follow additional policies to protect the health of our clients, the residents of the communities we serve, and our employees.
Our policies include:
- During this time, for the health and safety of all, we prefer resident and family members not be present during the move, but if absolutely necessary, to wear a mask and limit numbers to one.
- We have a "hugging" culture but will refrain from any physical contact with our clients and their families. Indeed, we practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet apart from each other and clients
- Our staff and the moving company staff are all using gloves, masks, hand sanitizer and safe hygiene practices as directed by us and community guidelines.
- We regularly sanitize our equipment.
- No Gentle Transitions employee or moving company employee will work who is exhibiting symptoms of cold, flu, or other respiratory issues.
- We are happy to work in areas of communities/buildings which have been COVID-free for at least 14 days
Please do not feel offended by questions our staff may ask regarding your current health status or recent travel destinations. We will continue our complimentary move assessment if not in person, over the phone. If the visit is conducted via phone, the Move Manager may ask to connect by Facetime or Skype or send pictures so that we can get an overall idea of what will be involved in your move.
We all hope and pray for a return to some form of "normalcy", but also know that situations change daily. We will continue to provide updates as necessary, and encourage you to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have.
We thank all involved for their confidence in Gentle Transitions to provide a high level of service with safety in mind.