We are seeking applicants for a Full-time Move Manager position!
Gentle Transitions™ is a nationally recognized pioneer in the Senior Move Management industry. Since 1990, Gentle Transitions has been serving primarily older adults throughout the Twin Cities metro, but also people of all ages who are seeking assistance with their transition. The downsizing and moving process can be overwhelming to both client and family; Gentle Transitions™ reduces client stress by managing all logistical aspects of transition including floor planning, sorting, and downsizing, packing, mover arrangements, and complete unpacking and resettling the day of the move at the new residence (beds made, pictures hung, clocks set, everything put away, etc.). We strive for outstanding customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction is paramount as well.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Move Managers (MM) are like "wedding planners of a move," coordinating all details of the transition. They provide leadership and end-to-end accountability for managing client's move. MMs collaborate directly with the client, and with the support of Packing Assistants, Supply Assistants and the GT management team, they strive to create a seamless and stress-free experience for our clients.
- Ability to complete physical work on a regular basis and carryout occasional long days with the goal of completing a job (no heavy lifting).
- Perform basic math for estimating and billing.
- Excellent customer service and client relations skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Excel at multi-tasking.
- Strong critical thinking and critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm in a demanding environment.
- Good collaborator and team player.
- Effective communication and follow up, both verbal and written.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination of all aspects of the client's move.
- Timely response to client initial request.
- Provide client with an estimate.
- Travel to and from clients' residences and all subsequent appointments related to the clients move.
- Measure, assess and layout floorplans for the new living environment.
- Work well with a variety of moving companies and their team members.
- Gain strong knowledge of community resources to provide clients with solutions to accommodate their unique needs (e.g., estate sale planners, charitable donation sites, disposal companies, etc.).
- Lead, supervise and guide GT team members throughout the move.
- Basic knowledge of computers, GT Portal navigation and data entry skills.
- Delegate necessary tasks to ensure the efficiency of GT team members.
- Strive for an excellent client experience on every job.
- Problem solve on the spot (e.g., movers are late, client health concerns arise while job is in progress, etc.).
- Schedule all necessary services to successfully complete client moves.
- Supervise multiple people (GT team) and services (movers, disposal companies) simultaneously.
- Timely completion of all required paperwork and documentation to client and office.
- Clear and concise communication with the client, family, community, team members, vendors, and other involved parties.
- Upon completion of job, follow up with client to assure client satisfaction with the services performed.
- Gentle Transitions™ coordinates an extensive orientation and training for the Full-time MM to be successful in the role. The timeframe typically required to complete training ranges from 3-5 months.
- DETAILS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-time Move Managers are W-2 employees paid hourly.
- Full-time Move Managers' hours include a guaranteed minimum of 32 and up to 40 hours/week. Hours will vary daily/weekly.
- Employee will receive overtime pay for any hours over 40 hours/week, paid on a bi-weekly payroll schedule.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): includes 20 days of PTO per calendar year (first year is prorated from hire date, then based on the calendar year thereafterer). PTO includes company holidays, vacation, and sick time. We support a limited PTO allotment of no more than 10 days (this includes holidays) between May 31st and September 1st, our busiest time of the year.
- Employee can take a maximum of additional 10 days unpaid days if preapproved by Managing Director.
Full-time MMs earn a bonus structure (same as what our MM's that are not Full-time receive).
- Hourly pay begins at $20.00/hour. Following approximately 3 months of training and launching fully in the role, the hourly wage changes to $16.00/hour, plus a bonus on every job. At this point, the compensation is in the $22-$24/hour range, including hourly plus bonus. Long-time, seasoned (5 year+) Move Managers make the equivalent of $27-$33/hour (including bonuses).
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including competitive health insurance, 401k plan and $45.00-$55.00/month cell phone reimbursement.
- This position involves working from home (MMs in this position will not work from the GT office.)
Gentle Transitions™ is an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please fill out and submit the form below. Please note that you must attach your resumé before you click the submit button.