Date & Time
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Edina Senior Center
5280 Grandview Square
Edina, MN 55436
Call to register: (952) 833-9570. $5.00 to be paid upon registration. Cost includes the workbook.
Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?™
Presented by Marlene S. Stum, Ph.D., Professor and Extension Specialist in Family Social Science, University of Minnesota and lead researcher and author of Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate™
Gentle Transitions has spent 27 years assisting with moves, a major life transition. The topic of “what to do with possessions” when downsizing is a very common theme. As a result, we are hosting this 90 minute useful, thought provoking and practical workshop to help participants learn the basics about transferring non-titled property.
Time allowing, the workshop will include:
- Why decisions about all types or property are important
- Unique challenges of non-titled property decision making
- Key factors affecting decision making about transferring personal property
- Strategies to jumpstart conversations about inheritance. Resources that can help improve decision making.
- Distribution options and consequences
*Arrive early due to limited parking