Date & Time
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Woodbury Central Park, Valley Creek Room
8595 Central Park Place
Woodbury, MN 55125
To register, call (651) 714-3799 or register online at woodburyrecreation.com. (Select Register or view programs and events; Adult Programs; program is on page 2)
$5 (includes family workbook)
Central Park, Valley Creek Room
Presented by Marlene S. Stum, Ph.D., professor and extension specialist in Family Social Science, University of Minnesota and lead researcher and author of Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate™.
Gentle Transitions has spent 27 years assisting with moves, a major life transition. The topic of what to do with possessions when downsizing is a very common theme. As a result, we are hosting this 90-minute useful, thought-provoking and practical workshop to help participants learn the basics about transferring non-titled property.
Time allowing, the workshop will include:
- Why decisions about all types or property are important
- Unique challenges of non-titled property decision making
- Key factors affecting decision-making about transferring personal property
- Strategies to jump-start conversations about inheritance
- Resources that can help improve decision making
- Distribution options and consequences
This program is co-sponsored by Gentle Transitions Senior MoveManagers and Woodbury Parks and Recreation.
*Arrive early due to limited parking